Senator LINDA R. GREENSTEIN
District 14 (Mercer and Middlesex)
Senator PATRICK J. DIEGNAN, JR.
District 18 (Middlesex)
Allows certain airports to carry over certain grant money into future years.
CURRENT VERSION OF TEXT
As reported by the Senate Transportation Committee on October 27, 2022, with amendments.
An Act concerning grant funding for certain airports and supplementing P.L.1983, c.264 (C.6:1-89 et al.).
Be It Enacted by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey:
1. a. Any airport that has been awarded a grant provided through the “Airport Safety Fund” established pursuant to section 4 of P.L.1983, c.264 (C.6:1-92) or under the Department of Transportation’s Airport Improvement Program on or after January 1, 2019, may carry over grant money awarded from the Airport Safety Fund or under the department’s Airport Improvement Program into future fiscal years, without the funds being rescinded by the department, provided that:
(1) the airport has applied for any necessary municipal or county approvals, or both, as applicable;
(2) 1the airport1 submits to the department a schedule of the expected expenditure of such money;
(3) the use of such money is authorized pursuant to the grant agreement, the "New Jersey Airport Safety, Security and Improvement Act," P.L.1983, c.264 (C.6:1-89 et al.), the Airport Improvement Program, or, as applicable, a combination thereof; and
(4) any such carryover is not incompatible with federal aid or assistance overseen by the department.
b. The Department of Transportation may promulgate rules and regulations concerning the carryover of grant money pursuant to this section.
2. This act shall take effect immediately.